Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

It's that time of year again! Today, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the nominees for the 2011 Academy Awards, which airs on February 27th. And thus today starts my challenge to watch as many of the nominated films as possible before the show.

I have had a bit of a head start though. After watching the Golden Globes I got some of an idea of what films and actors would make the nominations list. Some were no brainers, such as The King's Speech and Black Swan, but I also thought Anne Hathaway might be nominated for her role in Love and Other Drugs, especially since she is co-hosting the awards this year, but it didn't work out that way. I enjoyed the film though, so I'm not too upset that watching it didn't help widdle down my list.

The List
There are 56 films nominated this year, compared to 58 last year, and I have already watched 13: Alice in Wonderland, Black Swan, Blue Valentine, Day & Night, Exit through the Gift Shop, Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, Iron Man 2, The Kids Are Alright, The King's Speech, Salt, The Social Network, Toy Story 3.


Therefore, I have 43 films to watch in 34 days. All I can say is thank you Academy, thank you so very much for not nominating Burlesque for anything. I really didn't want to sit through it. THANK YOU!!


http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/83/nomineesByPicture.html
http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/83/nominees.html

No comments:

Post a Comment