Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 1: Care Canada's Walk In Her Shoes

Today is the first day of my pledge to walk 8000 steps a day for 8 days as part of Care Canada's Walk In Her Shoes. I've been awake for almost 6 hours today and I'm only at 89 steps. My day has consisted of sitting at my computer and on my couch doing homework, so it's not surprising that the number is so low. I'm hoping that my walk to work and 9 hour shift tonight will bring my steps up to 8000. I'm a server at a bar so I do a lot of walking. I will post an update tomorrow and let you know if work was enough or if I had to go up and down my building's stairs a few times afterwards to get to 8000.

Why am I walking 8000 steps per day for 8 days? To raise money for Care Canada's work empowering girls, women and communities around the world to overcome poverty and adversity. Here is one example of what Care Canada does:



Today is International Women's Day, what can YOU do today to positively impact the lives of women? Click here to go to my personal page and make a donation, or sign up to do the walk too! The event is flexible, you can choose any 8 days between now and the end of June. They will send you a pedometer, a lovely t-shirt, and give you lots of help and encouragement with fundraising.

Until next time, happy stepping!

No comments:

Post a Comment