- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee (I only have instant, but better coffee would likely make better Irish Cream.)
- 1 cup Inishowen Irish Whiskey (any Irish Whiskey is fine, Jameson is the standard but the bf and I wanted to try something new for St. Patrick's Day.)
- A pinch of salt
1. I put the cans of coconut milk into a medium pot and whisked on medium heat. I then increased the heat to allow the liquid to boil, stirring frequently. Then I reduced the heat and let the pot simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the coconut milk became a little thicker.
2. Then I removed the pot from the hot element and stirred in the coffee, then a pinch of salt, and finally the Irish Whiskey.
4. I tried to store all of it in one mason jar but there was too much! So I found other containers to put the rest in.
I also bought vegan stout beer so I could have Irish Car-bombs for the first time, and they were DELICIOUS!
Overall, this was a big hit with my friends and I will definitely make it again! I'll probably use better coffee, and I might try to find a recipe using something other than coconut milk, because although I like coconut, it overpowers the other flavours. Also, we noticed that the mixture separates after awhile, but it just needs a good stir.